Proposal: DNS change irc.gnome.org becomes A record and irc.gimpnet.org starts getting phased out.

We are looking into changing our irc server name from irc.gimpnet.org to irc.gnome.org and looking for feedback.

Essentially, it's become problematic to have 'gimp' in the name of our server.  To many, 'gimp' is an offensive term an given our dedication to a11y it seems counter-intuitive to have this name in our infrastructure.

The proposal is to make irc.gnome.org be an DNS A record and we will continue to honor irc.gimpnet.org as a CNAME for one year in which case we will then remove it altogether.

Other than the name of the server being changed and possibly any associated certs I do not forsee any other impact.  Folks will have to change the name of the server they connect to, software like XChat will need to update their config files of default IRC servers to reflect the change.