Re: Proposal: DNS change irc.gnome.org becomes A record and irc.gimpnet.org starts getting phased out.

I sent a message to point out the error of associating GNOME with the
term "open source":

    As an accessibility user, and noting that GNOME is known for being a
    world leader in open source accessibility

I hope not!  GNOME is meant to be a leader in free software
accessibility, and we hope people will think of it as one.  If they
think of GNOME as "open source", we need to set them straight!

This is not about the word "gimp".  It is about a different issue.

It is not surprising that Schlesinger pretends it was a statement
about the word "gimp", because he regularly distorts what I say.

However, I see that Michael Hill also interpreted this as if the point
were about the word "gimp".  Why was that?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation