Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

<quote who="Aleksey Sanin">

> As Daniel pointed out, my concerns are not shared between others thus I
> would suggest to stop the discussion.

I think the reason for that is that you haven't strongly backed up why the
current system has definitive advantages for the Foundation. You've roughly
said "it's nicer that way". :-)

> II doubt that you can change my opinion on the subject and probably you
> woudn't change yours.

Well, I was uncomfortable with the proposal at first, mainly because I
wasn't convinced that we could satisfy the trust of Foundation members. I'm
less concerned now that methods to allow indepedent counting of published
votes have been raised and discussed.

Given that no one has voiced strong objections based on trust (thus far), it
seems that the proposal is uncontroversial.

> I would be glad if proposed new system would include (if possible) an
> option to vote "in open" in addition to the "anonymous" mode as I
> suggested in another message. This would make myself feel better :)

I think this might be seen as overengineering. Why is there a need to
provide a 'public expression' mode of voting? What are the advantages to
Foundation members?

- Jeff

     "World domination is a community responsibility." - Michael Hall,
                                LinuxPlanet