Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 18:53, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> "Open voting can make it more difficult to work with other people in the
> GNOME project who know you voted against them in the Foundation
> Elections."

I am sorry, but that argument would have been appropriate in the high
school cheerleader's club council. I hope people in the GNOME foundation
are responsible adults.

I understand the horror of not giving your vote to my boss, but I would
loose respect for myself if I can not suppress that horror and I would
definitely vote NO if there are reasons to experience that horror.

More over, I would consider public vote as a shield from my boss
persecution (0 anonymous votes for him will be as bad for me 0 public
votes). As a boss in the "public" company like Helix or RedHat you
should think twice before taking actions against you employ who voted
against you in the public vote (if not, you are not just immoral freak,
you are dumb).

--
Sergey Panov <sipan sipan org>