Re: multilingual tags

On Fri Sep 15 at 20:31 (+0300), Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I agree 100% about following open and popular specs for the things
> that the specs specify. However, if we limit F-spot's funcionality by
> the limits of the specs, then F-spot could never be better than any
> other app that conforms to those same specs and also breaks them.

I beg to disagree. It's not because we follow the same specs that we
necessarily provide the same functionnality.

> That's why my solution conforms to the specs and lets other apps read
> the tags (that are in XMP), and still provides to F-spot added
> functionality through the FSF data.

That might make it acceptable, but I'm not going to back this one up.
Making sure other apps don't complain when reading the files is just not
good enough for me.

My 2¢...

Cheers,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

--
Google Talk / Jabber: mercen jabber typhon net
http://mercen.org         <- news