Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

Being it true, with exactly the same message, then I still do not
understand what the WebKitGTK would have to do with it, because it's
independent of the mail storage. That would cause high CPU usage on the
evolution process, maybe due to some issues in the local storage, as
had been suggested in another mail of this thread.

Even from the different thread / same topic earlier in the month
hardware issues have been suggested to, but denied by, Tim.

If it were an issue that was reported to me at work and I had to try
and narrow it down I would:

0. Examine the system logs to see if any errors/warnings have been
reported.

1. Run disk checks - both filesystem and hardware. SMART helps with
this (but can be confusing)

2. Create a new Linux user and see if that misbehaves. That will
eliminate configuration/corruption issues.

3. Swap out the disk(s) and re-install the OS (you can always put the
old disk back to restore it to what it was). This will eliminate
underlying issues with the install.

4. Finally, try different hardware and/or a different distro.

As I've said before, I understand that some of this requires resources
that not everyone has. But there has to be some logical elimination of
possible issues rather than randomly stabbing in the dark hoping
something gets fixed.

P.