Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Tue, 2022-06-28 at 11:16 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
wrote:
And I got
WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution

(evolution:3466545): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 11:07:41.789: Your
application did not unregister from D-Bus before destruction.
Consider
using g_application_run().

and a notification Evolution was ready.

        Hi,
it means another evolution was running, I guess. You should close it
first and then run it from a terminal. To make sure it's not running
you can:

  $ ps ax | grep evolution

and if there is any "evolution", then it's running (maybe in the
background). There can be "evolution-....", those are processes from
the evolution-data-server, which are used by the Evolution and others.

ii  libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37:amd64 2.36.3-1

nice, it's the latest stable version, the same with Evolution.

Umm I'm on 3.44.2-1, I don't think it's working as advertised :-(

Well, it depends where the problem is. It can be it's not related to
the hardware acceleration at all. There's a user claiming similar issue
with a Flathub's (Flatpak) Evolution here [1]. I cannot reproduce it on
my machine, even using the same bits (but different distro).
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1321#note_1487401