Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 10:03 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2022-06-28 at 13:28 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
wrote:
It's just when I check Local mail the CPU goes nuts.

        Hi,
that sounds unlikely. Do you mean that if you copy exactly the same
message from the local storage to the IMAP account and view it in the
IMAP account, then the WebKitWebProcess will behave differently than
when you view exactly the same message stored under On This Computer?
It does not matter to the WebKitWebProcess where the message is
stored,
it doesn't know it, it just receives some HTML content.

and I'm attaching the results of that in Perftop.txt.

If I read it correctly, then the most time is spent in
cairo_scaled_font_glyph_e(), which can be when WebKit renders the
content.

        Bye,
        Milan

Unlikely but true, I copied one of the cron reports into an email and
attached the original one sent and sent it to myself in gmail.
My CPU stayed under 35% usage when it was opened in gmail (IMAP) both
the body and attachment didn't spike the CPU. I can send it if you
want)
But if I go into "On This Computer-> Inbox and view mail the CPU goes
crazy.  I could see if changing to a different font (not sure what
plain text uses) but I haven't changed anything like that since I
installed Bookworm.
-Tim

--
 <tmcconnell168 gmail com>