Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 23:13:26 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Sat, 2022-06-25 at 22:43 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Dnia 25.06.2022 o godz. 11:37:39 Pete Biggs pisze:
Please could you reply just to the list (Ctrl-L) - CC'ing me on
replies means I only get the direct copy of your message to me,
not the list version.

Does your MTA do some kind of "message de-duplication"?
In my case, when someone replies both to me and to the list, I get
both copies.

https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node21.html

The de-duplication is done by the mailing list.  It's an option.  Yes,
I could turn it off, in fact I used to have it turned of, but it
appears that getting two copies is more annoying and I also have to
work out which one to reply to.

I'm easily annoyed by such things.

For Claws I'm using incoming filter rules to mark all mails for
all accounts with a colour label. All mails without a List-ID header
are displayed in blue in the Claws mail message list. All message
containing a List-ID header are displayed in black in the Claws message
list. Assuming no other colour labels are applied it's easy to
distinguish duplicates without taking a look at the headers. It should
be possible to set similar filter rules for Evolution, too.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ grep -eFirst -eSecond .claws-mail/matcherrc
enabled rulename "First - Color label \"No List-Id\" Steel blue" all color 12
enabled rulename "Second - No Color label \"List-Id\" Black" header "List-Id" regexpcase ".*" color 0

However, I'm in favour of avoiding duplicates by the mailing list
settings, but it doesn't make sense for mailing lists that expect
CC'ing.