Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Fri, 2022-06-24 at 22:28 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Fri, 2022-06-24 at 23:18 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Dnia 24.06.2022 o godz. 11:33:36 Tim McConnell via evolution-list
pisze:
So it gets converted to HTML to display plain text??? So when I
reply
to this mail list/ email in plain text it goes to HTML first (and
yes I
meant viewing)? So if I view the messages via mutt (or similar)
it
shouldn't do it? These are cron job reports from programs like
rtkithunter and apticron (notification of available updates) I'm
I use mutt a lot and I've never seen mutt hog CPU when displaying
local
mail, even with very big messages.
And I've never seen Evolution do it unless it's a multi-megabyte
message.

I've experienced the issue here and there with smaller messages with
lots of v-e-r-y long uwrappable lines.

I take it as an indication that some things don't belong in the body of
an e-mail.  An inappropriate use of a tool always yields problematic
results.  [~30 years in IT speaking]

It's also fun to get a message in Mutt, Apline, etc... which has
strings equivalent to terminal control characters buried in a message.
Talk about weird behavior...

Log files, if in e-mail, should be text/plain attachments.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
openSUSE, a LINUX desktop for humans who need to get work done.