Re: [Evolution] Bug copying email address into new email?

On 2021-03-20 at 12:03 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
On 2021-03-18 at 09:42 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
Milan, thanks for letting me know it's fixed, it is easy enough
to click the middle button instead (really a scroll wheel, that's
why I was avoiding it). --trimmed--

Is it happening consistently for you, though?
Yes, every time.
This looks like a problem of the Cc field not getting selected (the
body stayed selected, or got the selection after clicking Cc).
The last thing I did was open the new mail.  I never clicked in
the body.  Not clear how it gets selected--maybe it's the default
when a new mail is opened.  But yes, clicking in the Cc field
is supposed to select it.  I believe it is (was?) a bug that
it is not selected by clicking there.
Albeit using a newer version, I am unable to reproduce it as well.
Fits what Milan said.

 I found a similar case, though. If in the Edit menu instead of
Paste (...)
I am clicking Paste IN the Edit menu, not clear what you mean by
this.

I have two entries in the Edit menu:
- Paste
- Paste Quotation

Maybe that could have been what you did?
No, that's not what I did.

Ok.

Additionally, does it work from the contextual menu?
What do you mean "contextual menu".  The one you get by right
clicking?  I just tried that now and Paste there works as
expected, it pastes in the Cc field.  Useful observation for me.

Thanks.
George

Yep, that one :-)

At least you now have a second workaround.