Re: [Evolution] Bug copying email address into new email?

On 2021-03-18 at 09:42 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
Milan, thanks for letting me know it's fixed, it is easy enough
to click the middle button instead (really a scroll wheel, that's
why I was avoiding it).  As for "ancient", well, this is standard
on CentOS 7, which is supported until 2024 and is the version
currently supported by my university so I am staying with it.
George

Is it happening consistently for you, though?

This looks like a problem of the Cc field not getting selected (the
body stayed selected, or got the selection after clicking Cc).

Albeit using a newer version, I am unable to reproduce it as well. I
found a similar case, though. If in the Edit menu instead of Paste you
had selected the next entry, Paste Quotation, that will paste into the
body even if the focus was in the headers.
It somewhat makes sense, as you can't Paste Quotation into a header,
but I feel that's a minor bug in that it shouldn't have been enabled.

Maybe that could have been what you did?

Additionally, does it work from the contextual menu? The edit menu
should work nonetheless, but I don't think it's too efficient to click
the field, then go to the Edit menu and choose Paste, when you could
have done a right click and Paste instead (or Ctrl-V). Middle-click is
a bit different, pasting the last selection at the clicked point, so it
may not always be desirable.

Regards