[Evolution] Bug copying email address into new email?

Dear colleagues,
Evolution 3.28.5 (Current CentOS 7 release, MATE desktop).
This looks like a bug, and I will report it unless somebody
on this list tells me it's really a great feature or my
recent version is too ancient.  The situation:

I am writing a new email and already have "To:" filled in.
I decide to send a Cc to somebody who sent me an earlier email.
I view the old email, put my mouse over the "From:" address,
right click, and select "Copy email address".  I single click
in the "Cc:" field on the new mail, then click "Paste" in the
"Edit" menu.  The address then pastes into the body of the new
email instead of pasting into the "Cc:" field.  Curiously, if
I middle click in the "Cc:" field instead of clicking "Paste",
the address correctly pastes there in the "Cc:" field.

George Reeke