Re: [Evolution] Bug copying email address into new email?

On Sat, 2021-03-20 at 00:21 +0100, Ángel wrote:
On 2021-03-18 at 09:42 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
Milan, thanks for letting me know it's fixed, it is easy enough
to click the middle button instead (really a scroll wheel, that's
why I was avoiding it). --trimmed--

Is it happening consistently for you, though?
Yes, every time.

This looks like a problem of the Cc field not getting selected (the
body stayed selected, or got the selection after clicking Cc).
The last thing I did was open the new mail.  I never clicked in
the body.  Not clear how it gets selected--maybe it's the default
when a new mail is opened.  But yes, clicking in the Cc field
is supposed to select it.  I believe it is (was?) a bug that
it is not selected by clicking there.

Albeit using a newer version, I am unable to reproduce it as well.
Fits what Milan said.
found a similar case, though. If in the Edit menu instead of Paste
I am clicking Paste IN the Edit menu, not clear what you mean by this.
you
had selected the next entry, Paste Quotation, that will paste into
the
body even if the focus was in the headers.
It somewhat makes sense, as you can't Paste Quotation into a header,
but I feel that's a minor bug in that it shouldn't have been enabled.

Maybe that could have been what you did?
No, that's not what I did.

Additionally, does it work from the contextual menu?
What do you mean "contextual menu".  The one you get by right
clicking?  I just tried that now and Paste there works as
expected, it pastes in the Cc field.  Useful observation for me.
Thanks.
George