Re: [Evolution] troublesome cache

Hi Ralf
That would explain it if the data was on the evolution-data-server as that was not deleted.
A log file would have been useful

I normally use a wildcard with deleting with apt, so I checked what is deleted with the wildcard,
and also stepped back through the CLI commands and I did use a wildcard
The following packages will be REMOVED
  evolution* evolution-common* evolution-data-server* evolution-data-server-common* evolution-plugin-bogofilter* evolution-plugin-pstimport*
  evolution-plugins* libebackend-1.2-10* libebook-1.2-20* libebook-contacts-1.2-3* libecal-2.0-1* libedata-book-1.2-26* libedata-cal-2.0-1*
  libedataserver-1.2-24* libedataserverui-1.2-2* libevolution*
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 16 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
After this operation, 37.3 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
richard@richard-Inspiron-3580:~/.cache/evolution/mail$ sudo apt purge evolution*

But I didn't run the purge repeatedly  as it appears I should have done

Since changing from mbox to maildir, no warnings have appeared , the 3 dirs in cache/evolution/mail
are now one single directory plus a trash directory..
May be it will behave ????  have to wait and see
tnx
Richard