Re: [Evolution] troublesome cache

BUT that data is backed up somewhere else, you can deleted the cache,
but as soon as evo is restarted  exactly the same files are restored to
user/.cache/evolution
There is a backup copy of the cache that evo uses to restore the cache
should it be deleted.

No, because it's not a cache then.  The cache just contains local
copies of data downloaded from the server (plus a few oddities).

I need to delete that back up so the cache can be flushed.
There is nothing in the help file anywhere , thats why I'm asking
There are corrupted files in the cache and they need to be removed
That cache needs to flushed

Deleting .cache/evolution is *the* way to do it - but make sure all
evolution components are not running before you do it.

Certainly evolution will create the cache when it starts, but that's
not copied from anywhere. What I suspect you are seeing is information
that isn't stored in the cache. Have you tried simply deleting the
account in evolution and re-creating it?  If it's 7 years since you've
used the account data, then it definitely needs to be deleted and
reconfigured - removing the cache will not do that.

P.