[Evolution] troublesome cache

Hi,
I lasted used Evo about 7 years ago, on my previous laptop, when I
moved the .cache directory must have been copied across.
I then moved to TBird as a mailer,but decided to go back to Evo
OS linux Mint 20.
Now that cache  , home/user/.cache/evolution is  causing a problem as
its not seeing the same folder layout on my imap server, and keeps
putting up errors that it cant find directories.
I really need to start evo from scratch with no cache from a previous
install
The old evolution cache is being stored somewhere , as deleting it,it
 just gets restored on the next time evo is started
Anyone know its real location so I can clean it out and restart with a
fresh virgin install of evo
Thanks
Richard