Re: [Evolution] troublesome cache

I'll answer in line
On Fri, 2021-02-05 at 21:52 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
On Fri, 2021-02-05 at 16:43 +0000, Richard Bown wrote:
version 3.36.4-0ubuntu1
Typically I keep getting warnings it can find locations like
Archive/inbox2012.,

Complete displayed messages (without paraphrasing) are welcome.
Cant always highlite and copy, thats a machine issue though

Big orange bar across the top of the mail listing
thats when I change folder back to the inbox, I'm using IMAP
Its looking for folders that are no longer in the folder tree on
the
IMAP server, because they are listed in that offending cache mail
file
which is old and way out of date

The conclusion was as I serched for the directory and sub-dir and found
the same in the .cache/evolution/mail/<an old mbox directory from the
previous laptop>  Nowhere else was that present on this laptop except
in the TBird local files, and then the dirctory structure was not the
same.

Are the non-existing folders listed under "Folder 🡒 Subscriptions…"?
NO, none listed under subscribed or unsubscribed

The  directories are very old
I used Evo years ago then moved to Claws, then across to Tbird as I
needed HTML at times
The only reason for moving back to Evo is the touch pad on this laptop
is extremely sensitive, more so using kernel 5.4. And when typing a
mail on TBird the cursor position moves randomly around the text typed,
real PITA.
For some reason evo is not so prone to doing this.
The  touch pad should be off when typing, I suspect its only off when a
key is down
Its not even getting touched by either hand, seems to be a capacitive
response. So thats why I'm back using evo
Tnx
Richard

Cheers,
andre