Re: [Evolution] Problems with 3.26

On Mon, 2017-11-20 at 09:25 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Fri, 2017-11-17 at 12:01 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Initially it seemed to work, as reported earlier, but periodically it
fails. OTOH if I switch back to the test login, it continues to work
correctly (I'm using it to post this).

      Hi,
from your SMTP log you sent me privately I see that the first send
looked like this:

   [SMTP] sending: AUTH XOAUTH2 <the token>
   [SMTP] received: 235 2.7.0 Accepted

but the second and following attempts are:

   [SMTP] sending: AUTH Google
   [SMTP] received: 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized Authentication Type xxx - gsmtp

The 'Google' in the AUTH is a nickname for the Google OAuth2
authentication provided by Evolution(-data-server) itself. I bet the
token expired (it usually lasts for an hour), but it failed to refresh
for whatever reason.

I noticed something similar with a Google calendar, but I wasn't able
to reproduce it again when I tried the last week. I'll try harder.

A good news is that there's nothing wrong about your setup.

I think there is no bug report for this issue, is there? I do not see
it at least, after a glance look.

I haven't submitted a bug report, partly because I was hoping it was
some error on my part which I could fix, but also because the error
seems so random. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. And this
has only been happening to me since the upgrade to 3.26.

Right now it seems to be not happening but I'll keep an eye on it (I
don't know if this reply will even succeed). Maybe it's the phase of
the moon.

poc