Re: [Evolution] Problems with 3.26

On 16 November 2017 at 11:31, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 11:04 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 21:53 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Unfortunately the problem has returned. I'll send you the .config files privately anyway.
>
>         Hi,
> thanks, you can delete them now. Te only difference with respect of the
> server configuration is with the USB account SMTP, it currently is
> STARTTLS on port 25, while it used to be TLS on port 465. Otherwise the
> server settings are the same.

I just used the auto-configure button and that's what it gave me.
Probably I had set it up manually the previous time, I forget.

> That means that the problem will be somewhere else.

This morning I updated my new F27 system and a bunch of packages
changed, including gnome-online-accounts-3.26.1-3.fc27.x86_64. Now the
problem *seems* to have gone away. I'm going to hold off on doing
anything else on assumption that it was a temporary blip, but I'll get
back to you if the problem returns.

And the problem is back. It seems to work for a while, then not work for a while, etc. Now (in the "not working" state) I also get errors trying to send mail, with this pop-up:

The reported error was “AUTH command failed: Unrecognized Authentication Type g65sm3550467wmd.16 - gsmtp”.

Maybe that's a clue. Could it be related to the Google authentication cap?

poc