Re: [Evolution] Office 365 group calendar

On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 15:52 -0600, Jared wrote:
Hi.  Is it possible to subscribe to an Office 365 group calendar in
Evolution?  I know it's possible to subscribe to another *user's*
calendar, but I'm specifically talking about a group, where the calendar
is tied to the group itself rather than a user.

        Hi,
it seems to be pretty new feature of an Exchange server. The evolution-
ews doesn't use it for sure. I even didn't notice anything related in
the EWS protocol documented for this, after a brief search in the list
of elements for Exchange 2013 (there is something called
GetFederatedDirectoryGroup, but it is not documented, there's only said
"The GetFederatedDirectoryGroup element is intended for internal use
only."). I do not know whether it has anything to do with your Groups,
though.

When you add such group in the Web UI (OAW), will evolution-ews notice
it? That's a trick used with Gmail, add the calendar in the Web UI, set
it for synchronization and it shows up in the Evolution. Exchange is
different, I know.

A side note: when subscribing to folders of other users, you can write
the folder ID, instead of picking one of the preselected names, but you
still need to know the ID and the user, not the group. Folder IDs of
regular users can be seen by those users in the Permissions dialog
(context menu option in each Mail, Calendar, Contacts, ... view, on the
folder/source name in the left-side tree).
        Bye,
        Milan