Re: [Evolution] Problems with 3.26

On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 21:53 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Unfortunately the problem has returned. I'll send you the .config files privately anyway.

        Hi,
thanks, you can delete them now. Te only difference with respect of the
server configuration is with the USB account SMTP, it currently is
STARTTLS on port 25, while it used to be TLS on port 465. Otherwise the
server settings are the same.

That means that the problem will be somewhere else.

Would you mind to open a bug in GNOME bugzilla? I'd start with
Evolution and we'll move it elsewhere, if needed. A live debugging
session on IRC [1] would be also useful, that  might speed things up
for sure. It would require having preinstalled debuginfo packages,
something like:

   # dnf install evolution-debuginfo evolution-data-server-debuginfo \
     glib2-debuginfo glib-networking-debuginfo \
     --enablerepo=fedora-debuginfo --enablerepo=updates-debuginfo

Only make sure the installed binary package version matches the version
 of the debuginfo packages. Then I would start with:

   $ export G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all
   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx evolution &>log.txt

Then I'd be interested in the screen shot of the evolution window,
mainly part of the folder tree and there the connection icons on the
right of the account names. Everything else can be hidden/missing,
that's not interesting to me. You can try similarly with the Calendar
view, where you might see your Google calendars and their connectivity
state.

I'm wondering whether anything did not get stuck in a dedicated thread,
thus also checking backtrace of the evolution process after a bit of
time, especially when the status bar will be empty, might be useful.
You can get the backtrace with command like this:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt
Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only). The imapx log.txt can also contain
plenty of private information, including your folder names and
eventually messages you receive, thus be careful before sharing.

I think that's it for the starter. I can also provide a little test
program to see what GNetworkMonitor does on your machine, but let's
wait with it for now.

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution#Online_Support