Re: [Evolution] Problems with 3.26

On 15 November 2017 at 15:29, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 13:06 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> 1) The old "You must be working online ..." message is back. The box
> is definitely online, and Evo actually *knows* it's online according
> to the socket icon, yet it refuses to let me refresh my folders or
> post. This happens on both my Gmail accounts via IMAP, which had been
> working correctly before the upgrade.

        Hi,
works for me. Up to date (updated few minutes ago) Fedora 27 with:

   evolution-data-server-3.26.2.1-1.fc27.x86_64
   evolution-3.26.2-1.fc27.x86_64
   glib2-2.54.2-1.fc27.x86_64
   glib-networking-2.54.1-1.fc27.x86_64

What is in Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences, General section?
Might be "Default" and as long as you see evolution as such online,
then should be fine. Verifying proxy settings at the same place might
be a good idea as well.

It's set to Default. I tried setting it to networkmanager and to "no proxy". Neither had any effect. I have never touched these settings before and have never used a proxy on this system, or with Evolution in any version.

Then I'd check the account Properties->Receiving Email tab->Server
value and verify the address there makes sense (might be imap.gmail.com
or imap.googlemail.com; beware of white spaces) and that you can
actually ping that server from a terminal.

The addresses are correct and unchanged since yesterday, when everything worked under F26.

I'm not aware of any eds/evo change which would cause trouble in this
regard, but I do not remember every change there too. GOA-configured
accounts could switch to googlemail.com from gmail.com, if it's it.

I did originally configure them with GOA, but changed that once the need for it went away (quite a long time ago by now). I guess I can try just resetting the accounts to see what happens.

With respect of getting current help, you can install evolution-help,
which will then open local help, instead of trying to reach the online
help.

Thanks. I wasn't even aware that package existed.

poc