Re: [Evolution] Problems with 3.26

On Fri, 2017-11-17 at 12:01 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Initially it seemed to work, as reported earlier, but periodically it
fails. OTOH if I switch back to the test login, it continues to work
correctly (I'm using it to post this).

        Hi,
from your SMTP log you sent me privately I see that the first send
looked like this:

   [SMTP] sending: AUTH XOAUTH2 <the token>
   [SMTP] received: 235 2.7.0 Accepted

but the second and following attempts are:

   [SMTP] sending: AUTH Google
   [SMTP] received: 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized Authentication Type xxx - gsmtp

The 'Google' in the AUTH is a nickname for the Google OAuth2
authentication provided by Evolution(-data-server) itself. I bet the
token expired (it usually lasts for an hour), but it failed to refresh
for whatever reason.

I noticed something similar with a Google calendar, but I wasn't able
to reproduce it again when I tried the last week. I'll try harder.

A good news is that there's nothing wrong about your setup.

I think there is no bug report for this issue, is there? I do not see
it at least, after a glance look.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan