Re: [Evolution] new to evo

On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 16:56 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2015-06-26 at 12:43 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2015-06-26 at 07:22 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I update my system every morning as a matter of course,

Which is probably far more aggressive than necessary for most users.

what I'm talking about. Fedora brings out a new release every 6
months

6 months is a pretty aggressive time-line.

and only supports the current release and the previous one.
Releases
over a year old will not get even critical security updates, so
upgrading the release is something the sysadmin has to take
specific
steps to do.

Of course.  So there are (a) rolling releases or (b) distributions
that
support in place updates [most these days, I would think?].  For
openSUSE (a) is Tumbleweed and (b) is "zypper dup" [Distribution
UPdate].

Anyway, either Fedora or openSUSE on a desktop should provide a
reasonably current installation of GNOME and/or Evolution.

Just a fyi Debian is also a good choice. Stable is released every 2-3
years and testing is a rolling release which includes Evolution 3.16.3