Re: [Evolution] new to evo

On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 20:05 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 17:56 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:
I also use Fedora, but it's important to note that you are assumed to
be willing to update your system regularly. Fedora releases are not
supported for more than a year, so if that doesn't suit you another
distro might be better. Personally I don't have a problem with this
but each person has their own requirements.

This is generally true of any decent desktop environment - remember
that Microsoft releases updates about every other Tuesday!  And they
generally install automatically [unless you disabled that].

I do not understand the concept of LTS for a desktop.

I run the rolling release [Tumbleweed] of openSUSE.  But it is up to me
when to update.  So I update when I have the time, and it is okay if
maybe something has an issue.  When I am swamped with work - or it is
*MONDAY* - or I have a deadline; then I just work and ignore updates.
 If everything is working you always have the option to LEAVE IT ALONE.

People who think it is a great idea to do updates on Sunday night...
that is not a technology problem.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383