Re: [Evolution] new to evo

On Fri, 2015-06-26 at 07:22 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 20:05 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 17:56 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:
I also use Fedora, but it's important to note that you are assumed
be willing to update your system regularly. Fedora releases are not
supported for more than a year, so if that doesn't suit you another
distro might be better. Personally I don't have a problem with this

but each person has their own requirements.

This is generally true of any decent desktop environment - remember
that Microsoft releases updates about every other Tuesday!  And they
generally install automatically [unless you disabled that].

I update my system every morning as a matter of course, but that's not
what I'm talking about. Fedora brings out a new release every 6 months
and only supports the current release and the previous one. Releases
over a year old will not get even critical security updates, so
upgrading the release is something the sysadmin has to take specific
steps to do. If he doesn't, even regular package updates will not get t
he new release.

poc