Re: [Evolution] new to evo

On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 17:22 +0200, Wolf Drechsel wrote:
thank you very much for that reply.
Can that be true? - I'm using one of the most popular Linux distros -
and cannot find a seriously useable PIM?

Yes this is true.  ((Popularity != Quality)==True)

As a l-o-n-g time LINUX user - as someone who sits at a LINUX
workstation and does *work* all day [things other than fiddling with
LINUX for kicks];  I can tell you with great confidence there are many
many LINUX users [people who install LINUX, fiddle, surf the web, write
snarky BLOG posts, install LINUX, fiddle... install LINUX, fiddle,...]
and a smaller set of LINUX Users [see the capital-U] of people who
install LINUX and then proceed to do productive things using real tools
and applications.  To be a productive user, on LINUX, a key ingredient
is to learn to ignore ~90% of the LINUX 'verse;  they are just bored
tinkerers who love to try out packages.

What do folks recommend? - Is Linux Mint a reasonable choice?

I use openSUSE, and have for a decade.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383