Re: [Evolution] Connecting to Carddav Server fails

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 14:14 +0100, DennisMail gmx net wrote:
It's a bit more elaborate than just trying several URLs with brute
force, but yes, there is a way to not depend on the user knowing the
right URL.
I would agree that brute force is not the right way, but I am not sure
if I would go that far to call go through a list of possible URL a
"brute force".

That is exactly what it is.  And it means that a perfectly functional
server that happens to use a URL scheme the client doesn't attempt
appears as unsupported.

Anyhow, I cannot think of another way - except if the server would
send the URLs to the client.

Which a conforming server does per the CalDAV and CardDAV specs.

Can you tell me how this is generally implemented?
No-one has had the time to implement it? Just guessing, I wasn't
involved in the development.
Ah - this would explain it :)

Evolution does support, at least for the Calendar, discover and
selection of collections.  The CardDAV support seems to lag behind.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>