Re: [Evolution] Connecting to Carddav Server fails

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 14:39 +0100, DennisMail gmx net wrote:
first: thanks for your reply.
HTTP/1.1 207 Unknown
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<d:multistatus xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns";
xmlns:card="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:carddav">
<d:response>
  <d:href>/apps/contacts/carddav.php/</d:href>
  <d:propstat>
    <d:prop><d:getetag/></d:prop>
    <d:status>HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found</d:status>
  </d:propstat>
</d:response>
Since collections don't have getetag properties this makes sense (they
have ctags, if you are luckly).
IÂm sorry to ask (and I will certainly look in the net for it), but could you explain what
 "getetags" and "ctags" are? I am quite new to this, so it would be kind if you could help
me on this.

They are "properties"; properties are bound to a resource [collection or
object].  getetag is essentially a version attribute.  if
http://exmaple.com/fred has getetag XYZ and you query that a month from
now and it is XYZ then you know the resource hasn't changed and there is
no need to retrieve it.  If the value isn't what you saw last time then
it has changed and the client should download the new version.  ctag is
the same thing but for collections - an unchanged ctag means the entire
collection is the same as last time you checked.  So if the ctag matches
your cached value you are up-to-date and there is no need to check
anything else.

.... Are you sure you actually have it configured to look at a
collection of contacts?  In Nautilus in what collection [URL] do you
actually see VCF/vCard objects?
I checked the URL in Nautilus again and noticed that there is a subdir, so the
full URL that works correctly is:
http://server/apps/contacts/carddav.php/addressbooks/user/default/
So far, so good: The connectivity to the ownCloud server now works - thanks a lot.

No problem.

What IÂd like to do now is to make Evolution connect to my Mac OS X Server. Can
you please help me on this? I did already send the output of the debug in my last
mail, so I just donÂt send it again if you donÂt ask me to :)

Did you verify the URL for the OS/X server the same way?  A
CalDAV/CardDAV collection *is* a WebDAV collection so you should be able
to browse it with a generic WebDAV client.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>