Re: [Evolution] Connecting to Carddav Server fails

Listing all users on a system, as listing the content of "users" would
do, reveals confidential information and thus is probably disabled. Try
"users/<your username>".

I should have thought about this. This was the case. I had to get through one more subdir, so to connect
Evolutions addressbook to a Mac server (ssl enabled), you should use the following URL:

https://server:8843/addressbooks/users/<username>/addressbook

This perfectly works - so thanks for your reply.

There is a process for discovering the current user's address book(s),
based on well-known URLs that redirect to the right place. If the server
supports DNS SRV lookup, then you don't even need the base URL, just an
email address is enough. This is what the other clients are using. If
you are interested in the technical details, have a look at
WebDAVSource::findCollections() in WebDAVSource.cpp of the SyncEvolution
source code [1].

Wait, let me put this in other words: There are clients that just try to get through such URL that end with
".../users", ".../users/addressbook" or something like this, so they just get through all possibilities - is
that correct? If yes: Is there any particular reason why Evolution does not do this?

Greets,