Re: [Evolution] Connecting to Carddav Server fails

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 10:30 +0100, DennisMail gmx net wrote:
Hello list,
I am trying to connect Evolution to a carddav server, but I fail, no matter what I try.
Here is my setup
Carddav Servers used:
- Mac Server with OS X Server 10.6
- Debian 6 with ownClou
Evolution version used
- 2.32.2 on Ubuntu 11.04
- 2.2.2 both on Ubuntu 11.10 and Fedora 16

Can you browse either collection with Nautilus?

Stop evolution, and stop the e-addressbook-factory process.

Start the e-addressbook-factory in a terminal with -

CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/e-addressbook-factory

Start evolution

Attempt to connect to the address book.

What happens in the terminal window?

If you connection isn't SSL/TLS you can also capture if via wireshark
and do a follow-conversation to see the client/server exhange.

If you can get that information I may be able to tell you where it is
going wrong.  [I develop a CalDAV/CardDAV server in Python
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/coils/>].  There is a fair amount of
variations betweeen implementations.