Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed

Michael and Ted, thanks for the advice!

It was the vfolders that were killing IMAP performance.

The default vfolders that were added for free when I upgraded to 1.20
were called "unread mail" and "unimportant mail".  I didn't have them
before and I don't use them ever, so I deleted them and, voila, the
insane checking and rechecking went away.  Speed is back to normal.  May
I be excused from deinstalling my harddrive to test 1.08?

OK, for me, the conclusions from this thread are:

- It was the new vfolders that were causing slow IMAP in
  1.20 v.s. 1.08; UW IMAP was probably a total red herring.

- Vfolders should not be added unless you ask for them.  This will
  significantly lower the blood pressure of Ximian employees.

- The hang due to disconnects is not a problem with Linux but a bug
  in evolution.  I will submit a bug report on that.

Thank God it's over!

Scott