Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed
- From: Andrew Frederick Cowie <afcowie mobeous org>
- To: Scott Otterson <scotto u washington edu>
- Cc: "Michael J. Carter" <mcarter lanl gov>, ted targosz <tedtarg jobstreet com>, Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>, Not Zed <notzed ximian com>, Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed
- Date: 21 Nov 2002 18:30:10 +0100
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 18:13, Scott Otterson wrote:
- The hang due to disconnects is not a problem with Linux but a bug
in evolution. I will submit a bug report on that.
This got a little lost in the shuffle before, but the reports at the
time were ppp0 (Linux's PPP interface) specific. I've observed the same
problem when an ethernet interface (Linux eth0) drops and there are open
IMAP connections over it. I presume that it is totally interface
unspecific - just that if the TCP connection gets dropped for whatever
reason and evolution doesn't know about it it doesn't get to be very
graceful dealing with it.
One addition to this: you can try and shut down evolution, but it just
sits there trying to kill the Shell.
When Scott submits his bug report I will add to it with an example of
what I've observed.
Andrew Frederick Cowie, rmc, BEng
Australia +61-4-1079-6725 North America +1-646-270-5376
afcowie mobeous org
"Order; counterorder; disorder"
] [Thread Prev