Re: [Evolution] IMAP spee

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 13:50, Scott Otterson wrote:
Yeah, I'd have to agree.  IMAP is _much_ slower -- takes way longer to
start up for the first time and if you disconnect, it's way slower to
reconnect.

The connection also hangs if my PPP dialup goes down -- I have to run
killev before it can see email again.  This is the only network app I
have that hangs when I loose PPP.

I'm guessing you don't run any other apps that use a persistent tcp
connection then :-)

fyi I am almost always connected to remote sites with ssh and irc, etc
and so when my internet connection drops, all those apps hang just as
long as Evolution does.

Jeff

PS: No, netscape/mozilla do not hold persistent tcp connections.

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.