Re: Font Configuration Applet
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Andrew Johnson <ajgenius ajgenius us>
- Cc: Markus Bertheau <twanger bluetwanger de>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Font Configuration Applet
- Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:31:02 +0100
On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 21:24 -0500, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 01:29 +0100, Markus Bertheau wrote:
> > > > I'm not sure if that's the reason for the existence of the monochrome
> > > > option. I doubt it. It's maybe just for those that don't want
> > > > antialiasing.
> > >
> > > In that case, I'd vote for removal of "Monochrome" and "High Contrast".
> > Agreed.
> On this I feel I must point out one reason we have these options is
> because SubPixel does NOT look good on all LCD's.
If something doesn't work on some platform then ideally we'd correct it
automatically, so it just works, rather than expecting the user to make
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev