Re: Font Configuration Applet

Markus Bertheau wrote:
В Вск, 05/12/2004 в 01:03 +0100, Samuel Abels пишет:

Hi,

But GNOME is not for everyone. It's explicitly not for people who like
to tweak their setup a lot with a GUI. You can tweak with gconf. In fact
you can tweak it right the way you do now in my proposal - with gconf.

Can we please stop using GConf as a way to stop thinking? Try to come up with a solution instead of always resorting to "just put it in GConf and hide it in the UI". We should be even more careful with options just available in GConf but not in the UI than the ones in the UI imho. Because it's going to lead to untested code paths and unmaintained code.

I think the mockup with application/desktop and document settings looked reasonable. It's definitely not overly crowded and it's pretty clear (except for perhaps application font) what each setting does.

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/