Re: Possible plan [Was: No Flags "Policy"]

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 10:07, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 10:49, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Damon Chaplin">

> > > I agree with shipping the flags separately.
> > > But would the flags be an official part of the GNOME release?
> > > Your plan seems a bit hazy on that point ;)
> >
> > Oh, I thought it was a clear "no". :-)
>
> I would prefer to include it in the official release and let the
> distributors decide.

We're not worrying about distributors. Distributors can do what they
damn well please.

We're trying to work out how to keep it so people in countries such as
China can download gnome [1], play with it, and hack with it, while
staying legal and, even more importantly, unoffended. "Don't piss off
potential contributors."

--
Andrew Sobala <as583 cam ac uk>

Given by our hand in the meadow that is called Runnymede, between
Windsor and Staines, on the fifteenth day of June in the seventeenth
year of our reign.

[1] The GNOME project website is http://www.gnome.org