Re: Possible plan [Was: No Flags "Policy"]

<quote who="Damon Chaplin">

> On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:38, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >   * Happily ship GNOME, happily provide tarballs of flag icons, happily
> >     allow distributors to make up their own minds.
>
> I agree with shipping the flags separately.
> But would the flags be an official part of the GNOME release?
> Your plan seems a bit hazy on that point ;)

Oh, I thought it was a clear "no". :-)

> Also, do we leave it up to the distributors if they want to just remove
> individual flags, e.g. Taiwan?

No, we should leave it *all* up to distributors. :-)

> I think that would be OK if we include a note in the README of the flags
> package explaining which flags have major problems.

Might be worth mentioning it in the gnome-flag-icons (or whatever) package,
but I don't think it is part of a solution to the problem, just a nicety.

- Jeff

                            Interplanetary Pants