Re: Possible plan [Was: No Flags "Policy"]

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 10:49, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Damon Chaplin">
>
> > On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:38, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > >   * Happily ship GNOME, happily provide tarballs of flag icons, happily
> > >     allow distributors to make up their own minds.
> >
> > I agree with shipping the flags separately.
> > But would the flags be an official part of the GNOME release?
> > Your plan seems a bit hazy on that point ;)
>
> Oh, I thought it was a clear "no". :-)

I would prefer to include it in the official release and let the
distributors decide.

Also, I'd still really like to see more evidence of the problem with
flags. I can understand that China/Taiwan is a big problem, but I
haven't heard of any other major problems yet. If Mandrake gets away
with just removing the Taiwanese flag then I don't see why we can't.

Damon