Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

> The API won't be tied to any protocol, will be generic. I think Mikael
> meant to have the default login / signup to be Jabber's. You'll be able
> to select other protocols, but Jabber will be the default.

Ah... if that's the case, where basically we just shove Jabber at the
top of a list, well then that sounds great.

One thing, though, about all that, is that GAIM has a terribly confusing
interface when it comes to accounts and the default being AIM.  It looks
at first glance like an AIM client, and before exploring, it'd be easy
to not know that it handles other things.  I think a better interface
design at startup would be needed in a Gnome instant messenger.

Alan

--
Alan Johnson <alan txtger net>