Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

> The desktop release is meant to be a minimal satisfaction of the 'greatest
> common factor' of user requirements. It's essentially comparable to what you
> get with Windows and other environments by default [ or meant to be ;) ].

In keeping with this, why hasn't anyone mentioned Gaim yet?  Instant
messaging is now a basic desktop feature.  Shoot, here is what I would
consider basic:

Email
Web Browsing
Instant Messaging
Audio playing(and video is catching up)

We should keep the basic desktop in plain view.  Are there any reasons
Gaim shouldn't be including in the basic desktop?

Dan