Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 19:14, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms 1407 org> writes:
> > This is still weird, since applications like this shouldn't have to
> > worry about this issues.
> > Sawfish's window menu should set that flag for the application's window,
> > not gkrellm.
> You're just wrong, sorry. The spec says that gkrellm must do it.

Oh, so now applications must also know the inner works of X, or evolving
wm spec's?

You should rethink your opinion about this, since it really makes no
sense. What do you think I'm doing (or Damien, for that matter)?

This isn't being set by a gkrellm option, this is something that is
being set by sawfish's window menu, and happens ALSO on xterm and your
new gnome-terminal.

> > < _WIN_HINTS(CARDINAL) = 6
> This is the old GNOME WM spec hint, it's no longer supported and
> should not be.

cc to John Harper, then?

hugs

+ So let's do it...?