Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

> Now the benefits of having both viewports and desktops:
>
>  - you can have a double-nested grid with a grid of viewports
>    inside a grid of desktops.
>  - users can choose whether they want windows to overlap
>    between work areas.

... snip ...

> Switching to viewports as the one thing we have is another option,
> instead of adding a preference.

That sounds like a plan, all the benefits of having both can be emulated
with just viewports: Is a 2x2 grid of workspaces with a 2x2 grid of
viewports much different to a 4x4 grid of viewports?

iain (just randomly talking for the sake of it)
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"