Re: Multi-head session management

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 13:08, Balamurali Viswanathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The behavior of save session in a multi-head setup is illustrated in
> this mail.
>
> The following 2 changes are made to Client and Manager respectively
>
> 1. Change to Libgnomeui client :
>
> In libgnomeui/libgnomeui/gnome-client.c (client_save_yourself_callback)
> added the line
> gnome_client_set_environment (client, "DISPLAY", DisplayString
> (GDK_DISPLAY ( )));
>
> 2. Change to gnome-session :
>
> In gnome-session/gnome-session/manager.c
> added a function that will find whether the screen is available at the
> time of next login
> and if not, open the application on the default screen

as i said yesterday, i am pretty sure this is the *wrong* solution, and
the right solution is to add a --screen argument that gtk parses.

i just re-read the original multiscreen thread, and it seemed that
people (erwann) eventually agreed with me.

why wasn't the --screen method chosen?  what was wrong with it?

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to