Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling under windows

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Dustin C. Hatch <admiralnemo gmail com> wrote:

> I still have not completely solved the Linq extension method problem I
> mentioned earlier, so I replaced the ``GetSubtitleDescription`` method of
> the ``Banshee.GStreamerSharp.PlayerEngine`` class to::
>
>    Gst.List tag_list = playbin.GetTextTags (index)
>        .GetTag (Gst.Tag.LanguageCode);
>    foreach(string tag in tag_list)
>    {
>         if (tag != null)
>         {
>             return tag;
>         }
>    }
>    return default(string);

Since Gst.List is a custom list implementation it is possible the
windows version does not implement the same features as the Linux
builds.
Another issue might be with the Mono implementation as adding a cast
to a string seems to fix the issue too. Maybe Mono is looser and
allows this.

return playbin.GetTextTags(index)
        		.GetTag(Gst.Tag.LanguageCode)
        		.Cast<string>()