Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling under windows

On 1/12/2011 5:53 PM, Gabriel Burt wrote:
libbanshee isn't used on Windows -- we use the gst# based media
backend instead.  Gst# is included in the GStreamer packages for
Windows:  http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/

Wow, that's a great project. I was successfully able to get gstreamer-sharp to build. I dropped it in the ``bin`` directory and most of the compile errors went away. I'm left with these two:

'Gst.List' does not contain a definition for 'FirstOrDefault' and no extension method 'FirstOrDefault' accepting a first argument of type 'Gst.List' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) in banshee\src\Backends\Banshee.GStreamerSharp\Banshee.GStreamerSharp\PlayerEngine.cs Line 182, Column 14

Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'Hyena.SafeUri' in
banshee\src\Backends\Banshee.GStreamerSharp\Banshee.GStreamerSharp\PlayerEngine.cs Line 254, Column 26

The later was easy enough to fix:

I changed::

    get { return playbin.Suburi }

    get { return new SafeUri(playbin.Suburi) }

in the SubtitleUri property of the PlayerEngine class. I haven't solved the first error yet, though.

--
Dustin C. Hatch
theNeverFading

"In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people
angry and has been widely regarded as a 'bad move'."
--Douglas Adams