Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling under windows

On 1/13/2011 12:29 PM, Matt Sturgeon wrote:

On 13 Jan 2011 17:41, "Gabriel Burt"<gabriel burt gmail com>  wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Dustin C. Hatch<admiralnemo gmail com>
wrote:

'Gst.List' does not contain a definition for 'FirstOrDefault' and no
extension method 'FirstOrDefault' accepting a first argument of type
'Gst.List' could be found

You need to reference System.Core (which provides the System.Linq
namespace).

Gabriel

Right, that's the first thing I looked at. The reference is there on the GStreamerSharp project, and I see the ``using`` declaration for System.Linq, but it still throws that error when I build the project.

Regarding the build process, if I can get a working build manually, I would be very interested in helping automate the process and contributing to the official Windows port of Banshee. While I am not a C♯ programmer, I do maintain an ASP.NET C♯ application at work, where I am responsible for the build and test procedure, so I have some experience with release engineering in that regard.

With regard to pulling in the dependencies at install time, I noticed yesterday that the Pidgin Windows installer actually fetches the GTK+ runtime by HTTP if it isn't already installed. Obviously that wouldn't work for users without Internet access, but perhaps we could have a separate "offline" installer in those cases. My vote is definitely for installing the dependencies as their own packages, though, in either case, as opposed to dropping the assemblies into Banshee's install directory.

--
Dustin C. Hatch
theNeverFading

"In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people
angry and has been widely regarded as a 'bad move'."
--Douglas Adams