Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 05:33:17PM -0400, Daniel Richard G. wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[SNIP]
Okay, I've re-worked python/Makefile.am---see attached.

With this, the makefile bundles all generated files into the
distribution, so end users building the Python module don't need to
regenerate any source files.

There's some clean-up in there, too.
   Okay, thanks ! seems to work fine.
My last annoyance ATM with makefiles is devhelp files being rebuilt
systematically, even on a just built tree or if running "make check"

   Any idea what might have introduced this ;-) ?
Since python/setup.py is in EXTRA_DIST will be save to remove from repository . Another point is how configure script generate this file . If we check autoconf manuals we will see ample with
AC_CONFIG_FILES([autoconf], [chmod +x autoconf])

With current configure script :
AC_OUTPUT(..... python/setup.py)
chmod +x xml2-config python/setup.py
execution bit is lost if config.status is executed . Ditto for xml2-config.

Daniel

Roumen