Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

Sasha Vasko wrote:
As far as adding a property to request no frame decor, I think Motif
hints are perfectly good, having an advantage of completely covering the
purpose and being around for long enought for ppl to take notice. Quite
honestly I think that any WM concious of user wishes, should provide
configuration means for user to define what apps should and should not
get decorations.

Then you should add Motif WM hinst to the spec. Just saying most WM's have
them anyway not a complete spec does make ;-) If _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE is supposed
to replace Motif WM hints (as stated in the spec), then it SHOULD do so.

Its getting kinda silly with all the apps trying to push window managers
around in order to implement some funky ideas of theirs.

On the other hand it's also getting silly that applications actually have to push so many window managers around to achieve the functionality they need. I never understood the reasoning why WM developers supposedly are so much more sane about UI then application developers. But perhaps that's just me.

Anyway just saying to application developers that they should not implement their "funky ideas" just because it's not a WM developer's "funky idea" is a little - well - arrogant, don't you think ?

Just my 2 cents, pl

--
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly